Curried Chicken and Grape Salad (For food allergies)
I was talking with someone and she couldn’t use the other version because of her son. So, I went and did some searching because I know they are not the only family suffering from those pesky food allergies! I know that I am one of those people. I don’t have it as bad. I cannot eat/drink certain dairy products. Such as milk. I cannot drink plain milk. It sucks, but I was never a big fan of it in the first place. Yogurt sometimes bugs me, same with sour cream. It all depends on how its processed I think!
Prep time: 30 minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes Servings 5
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups diced deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1) In large bowl, stir dressing ingredients until well mixed.
- 2) Fold in chicken, celery and grapes. Sprinkle with almonds.
- You can omit the almonds if you wish! This is taking away the yogurt for the dairy. Now, there are some mayo “Substitutes” out there. Even some homemade ones. Keep on reading and and you will see a couple of them! Happy allergy free eating!