Slow cooker Curried Coconut Chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry mixed vegetables
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger, curry powder each
- Shake the coconut milk vigorously. Pour into the base of a lightly sprayed slow cooker. Whisk away any chunks of the coconut milk if necessary. Whisk in the curry powder and salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts into the coconut milk and spoon some of the milk over top of the chicken. Top with the frozen vegetables.
- Set slow cooker on high for 6 hours (or low for 8-10 hours) and let it fill your home with an amazing aroma as it cooks all afternoon/day.
- About 20 minutes before dinner, cook the rice as directed with a few dashes of ground ginger and curry powder added to the water. Extra flavor boost! (I stirred together the rice and veggies and some of the juices.)
- Serve the Curried Coconut Chicken and veggies over the rice.