Black Bean Quesadillas
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the yellow pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and corn; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the black beans, pepper and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; place plain side up on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spoon bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortilla over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Carefully turn over; bake 4-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.