Hot Spiced Wine
- Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) dry red wine
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, apples, sugar and lemon juice. Add spice bag. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Discard spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.