Gingerbread Reindeer cookies
- Prep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- Yield: 48 Servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 96 miniature pretzels
- 96 M&M’s miniature baking bits
- 48 small red gumdrops
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into eight portions; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press in pretzels for antlers, baking bits for eyes and a gumdrop for the nose.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts1 cookie equals 119 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.